Thanks for checking in today, happy to have you here, as always 🙂 🙂 🙂
Today I would like to share some recipe on how to make ” Jaffa Marble Loaf”.
Couple months ago, my husband bought me a book “What to bake & how to bake it” by Jane Hornby, so I’ve decide to give it a try as usual.
With its hidden swirls of chocolate and zesty orange, this is a fun cake to make – and to cut in front of a hungry audience…Especially with all this holidays that are coming, I think this will be a great idea for your table and plus it’s so easy to make 🙂
1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) soft butter, plus extra for greasing
1 large orange
3/4 cup plus 2tbsp sugar
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
3 eggs, room temperature
3 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Grease an 8 1/2 * 41/2 – inch loaf pan, with butter, then line it with 2 strips of parchment paper that hang over the sides. Preheat the oven to 325 F (165C). Finely grate the zest form the orange, then squeez the juice.
- Put the butter, suger, and most of the orange zest in a large bowl. Using an electrical mixer, beat together until pale and creamy
3. Mix the flour, salt, and baking powder, then sift on top of the creamed mixture. Add the eggs and oil
4. Beat everything together until smooth, adding 3 tablespoons of the orange juice to bring the batter to soft droppings consistency
5. Spoon half the cake batter into another bowl, then sift in the cocoa powder and mix until evenly blended. If it seems dry compared to the white batter, add another tablespoon of orange juice
6. Spoon the chocolate and orange batters into the pan in alternating spoonful until both bowls are empty. Stir skewer or chopsticks through the batter a couple of times to ripple the blobs together and encourage swirls in the middle of the cake.
7. Bake for 55-60 min
Cool in the pan for 10 min., then lift out using the lining paper and cool on a wire rack.
And enjoy it 🙂 🙂 🙂
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. Please share your loafs with me on Instagram by tagging me in your photo for me to see!!!