Happy Monday, Loves!!!
How was your weekend? As for me, I had a great weekend, we went to the Christmas market with our friends and now I am ready to start a new week 🙂 🙂 🙂
Over the weekend as usual I was going through my Facebook page and I have noticed a lot of people were talking about this super amazing and simple recipe for “Rose Apple Pie”, so I’ve decided to give this try. I will honestly say that this dessert was so quick, easy and super delicious 🙂 . I made few changes to the recipe, but the idea is still the same.
So let’s start:
- You will need 3-4 medium sized apples.
after cut apples in half, core, and slice thinly into half moon like-shapes
2. Place apple slices into a glass bowl, fill with water and microwave 4-6 minutes ( until slices are soft and flexible). Remove from microwave, drain, and set aside
3. In a small bowl combine 6 coffee spoons of jam with 4 spoons of water, you can add a little bit of vanilla extract, mix and microwave for 1 minute
4. Using a rolling pin, roll out the puff pastry dough until thin and rectangular shape. Spread half of the apricot mixture over the dough, and reserve the other half for the second sheet.
5. Cut the rolled out puff dough into six strips and using the apple strips lay them round side up with the apple slices hanging out ½-1 inch off the dough, place them over the first strip, overlapping each apple slice.
Then fold over the remaining puff dough from the first strip over the apple slices and press firmly. Then roll the entire strip with the apples into one big roll (like a fruit roll-up) and place into a sprayed cupcake tin.
6. Continue the same process for the rest of the strips, and the second puff pastry dough.
7. Once completed all 12 rolls, place in the oven for 50-60 minutes at 350F. I found that baking them at 375 was too high because the outside would get golden quickly and the inside dough would still be raw.
8. Garnish with powder sugar sprinkled.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!